Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DIBELS Madness!!!

It's kind of like March Madness, minus the basketball and the betting (and plus several hundred kids).  The teacher that is normally in charge of DIBELS is on maternity leave, so I volunteered to help out.  I mean, how hard can it be?  Oh, man!  What in the world did I get myself into?

It has been pure madness the past two weeks.  We made it through the DIBELS process last Thursday and Friday.  I am so thankful my principal allowed me to have a sub last Friday, because the process of report printing and organizing seriously took the entire afternoon.  Then, came the make-ups, which happened during my specials, recess, and lunch time.  Tis the season for sickness!  Thankfully, one of the aides finished them up yesterday.  Woot, woot!

Out of that two weeks of madness came a pretty handy reference guide.  If you have taken a DIBELS training, it is in your manual (but who likes to go back and reference that all of the time?).  This is not my work, just my reformatting and a product of my obsession with fonts and borders.

I wanted a document that would help me see the cutoffs for the various benchmark tests.  When we decide which kids need extra help, we pull the kids that were close to the benchmarks, so we can give them the little boost before the next benchmark.  So, I made the goals by grade level, so I could see where the kids are going, in a quick and easy to read format.  This freebie has the benchmark goals for kindergarten through third grade.



I am making this one a freebie for Facebook fans.  So, if you are already a fan, thank you!  If you are not a fan, go to my Facebook page, like Nurturing Noggins, and then click on the "Freebies for Fans" tab at the top.  Super simple, and this file will be super helpful!

Also, go check out the American History deal on Educents.  It really has some AMAZING products, and is well worth the money.  Lately, Educents has been sending some great discount codes, so sign up for the e-mails to save even more money.  Who doesn't love saving some money, right?

  




No comments:

Post a Comment