Saturday, July 5, 2014

Songs at Calendar? Yes, please!

I am the weirdo that LOVES calendar time.  I really hate when I have to skip it because I ran over on my time in other subjects.  I think calendar time is a great opportunity to review so many math topics.  Anyhow, I have been wanting to find a fun way to teach my littles how to spell the months of the year.

I looked around the internet for a while, and I found the coolest lyrics to practice spelling the months of the year.  Now, I cannot take credit for these songs, as I found them here.  The only month that wasn't included was July.  We go back to school in July, so I had to use my creative juices to make a song.  So, I'm no Bob Dylan or Irving Berlin, and as my students always tell me, "You tried your best," and that's what counts.


I am planning on writing these out on chart paper (with my new smelly Mr. Sketch markers... I LOVE those markers!) and hanging them so my students can read the words while they sing.  I am also going to print a copy for each student so they can take it home and sing the song for their parents.  Click on the picture below to grab your freebie.


Plus, I am running a sale this weekend!  Save 20% on everything in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store!


Here are a few other products that you may be interested in for back to school time.  
Click on the picture to learn more.







Plus, here's a link to some great freebies in my TpT Store.



No comments:

Post a Comment