Monday, January 20, 2014

Picturing the Past



I am linking up with Brenda at Primary Inspired to talk about one of my favorite teaching resources.  Teaching little learners about people from the past is sometimes tricky.  Long biographies are boring, and filled with too much information to digest.  Two things have made my life so much easier: my little books, and Brain Pop Jr.!


Have you ever heard about Brain Pop Jr.?  It is a subscription video service that has videos on all kinds of different concepts.  Brain Pop Jr. is geared toward K-3 classrooms.  The videos feature a girl named Annie and a silly robot named Moby.  The videos are just the right amount of facts, learning, and fun.

I usually watch a Brain Pop Jr. to introduce the person we are learning about, and then make the little book.  My little books are currently part of a bundle on Educents.  The bundle is AMAZING!  It really is jam packed with great activities to celebrate America and the wonderful people that helped shape our country.



There are so many great products in this bundle.  Plus, there is a great variety of grades and subjects in case you ever move grades.  Hooray!

Enjoy your day off!

1 comment:

  1. My kiddos LOVE brainpopjr! I think it's cool that brainpop also has different free movies that people can watch without having a membership. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete