Friday, August 16, 2013

Sorting by Size

We have been working on sorting all week.  We sorted Goldfish by color on Wednesday, but that was a bit of a mistake, because all I heard was, "Mrs. McCleary, how do you write the number__?"  Lesson learned... keep it in March for Dr. Seuss's birthday.  My class LOVED it when we did it last year around that time.

Today, we sorted by size.  Now, we had sorted by length last year (Do you remember the longer/shorter pin on Pinterest with the paper strips?), but I didn't feel that was really sorting by size when I compare it to the sorting assessment that is given in the first quarter.  So, I made a new sheet this morning.  Yes, I made it just minutes before my little ones stepped through the door.  If you use this activity, make sure they keep track of the small cupcake.  Several of those mysteriously disappeared as we were cutting.  :)



This freebie is available as a Facebook Fan freebie.

Also, ALL of the products in my Teachers Pay Teachers store are 28% off on 8/18 and 8/19.  Woohoo!  Get those wish lists ready!


Thanks to Krista Wallden (one of my favorite illustrators of clip art, and a SUPER nice lady) for this beautiful button!

Oooohh.... I am SO excited for the big sale!  Happy shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment