Saturday, August 10, 2013

My New Kissing Hand Chester Craft

So, I'm a little late with this post.  School has been in session for three weeks now.  It's just been so stinkin' busy that I haven't found time to post about my first day of school craft.  Every year, we read The Kissing Hand (as most other kinder teachers do).  We had a semi-lame coloring page to go along with the craft, so I decided I was going to do something different this year.

I called upon the artistic skills of my husband, and now I have THE CUTEST Kissing Hand craft.  Can you tell I'm excited?  Anyway, I am a stickler for not wasting paper.  Construction paper is expensive and I hate wasting trees (as can be seen when the kinders "rat out" their classmates for putting paper in the garbage).  I also like when I can copy parts of the craft on construction paper, which saves me time.  So, when I make my crafts, I put the pieces that are black on one sheet, the pieces that are pink on one sheet, etc.  That is the way this craft is designed.  Hooray!

I wanted a way to stamp the kinder's hand to see how teeny tiny they are when they first come to school.  I also wanted to add a heart that stands for the kiss and love from home.  Just in case that proved to be too much for me to handle, I wanted a couple of back-up options.  Surprisingly, I was able to stamp twenty-four hands very quickly using the stamp, baby wipe, "Go back to your seat" method.  Everything ran very smoothly, and I was SO happy with the results.  They even cut most of the pieces on their own!




Click here to check it out in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.



3 comments:

  1. Love your Kissing Hand craftivity! Adorable! Hope your new school year has gotten off to a good start (even though it has been super busy) :)

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! I love how they look on my wall. Too cute!

    :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this project. It was so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete