Sunday, May 12, 2013

I was busy this weekend

I've been working on quite a few projects this month.  I think about the back to school season, and I get all inspired to find new ideas and new ways to teach things.  School hasn't even ended, and I'm in back to school mode.  I know... I'm nuts.

Maybe it has to do with our incoming kindergarten testing that has been going on.  Those little peanuts seem so small compared to my almost first graders.  It makes me think back to my first goal as a kindergarten teacher: Walking quietly in a straight line.  Anyway, we are using my "Getting Ready for Kindergarten" pack, and we've gotten some great feedback.  We e-mailed it to parents because it has clickable links to great videos and resources.  We simply asked parents to give us their e-mail address, and our wonderful registrar sent it off for us.  If you are interested in learning more, please click here.


I've also been working on a sight word speed reading pack.  I wanted something where the kids could graph their progress, and see how far they've come.  I figured that I could draw the line on the bar graph and the kids could color it in.  While I was making that pack, I thought about DIBELS, and I added nonsense words.  So, the pack includes Fry's first 300 words, nonsense words, graphs for each, and certificates for your speed readers when they meet their goals.  If you are interested in learning more, please click here





While I'm on the subject of sight words, I created a game to practice them.  "Pop" contains Fry's first 300 sight words, nonsense words, capital and lower case letters, along with Spalding's first 70 phonograms.  The clip art popcorn is in black and white, so you can print on yellow cardstock or paper.  For more information, please click here.



Don't worry... You can still read.  These are the nonsense words.  :)

Whew!  There is more to come... I need to take a break because I'm being pampered by my husband and kids.  They cleaned their playroom and have been loving me all day.  My husband made all of the meals and painted my toenails.  I'm one lucky gal!


No comments:

Post a Comment