Friday, June 8, 2018

MIA for almost three years

So, it's been a while since I have blogged.  The last three years of my life have been an absolute whirlwind.  In the past three years, I earned my second masters degree, became a National Board Certified Teacher in Literacy, Reading, and Language Arts, and I opened a new school in a new position.  I look back on it, and I am surprised that I made it through.

I have learned so much about myself over the past three years.  I went from teaching twenty-six kindergartners to teaching close to 1,000 kids in kindergarten through sixth grade in the library.  I have seen the power of book selection for motivating students to read.  I have seen the power of kids realizing they are capable and successful readers, and then being so motivated to read.

While I have absolutely LOVED being in the library, I am heading back to the classroom next year.  I am so excited to have my own twenty-six kiddos to love and motivate all day.  I have seen my class list, and I am the luckiest teacher ever.  I seriously have the sweetest class.

So, with heading back to the classroom, I have decided that my goal is to start blogging again.  I have learned so much from blogs and Pinterest that I feel like I should pass along some things that might help other teachers.

Expect to hear from me more than every three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment