Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring is in the Air (and there's a freebie)

With spring comes my formal observation.  Lucky me... it's on April Fool's Day.  Now, I am happy it's that week because we are going to be studying the butterfly life cycle.  First of all, I love butterflies.  Second of all, my students love butterflies.  It's an interesting topic, which will lead to engaged children.  It's a win-win.

So, being the planner that I am, I have started to think about my lesson.  I am planning on using my butterfly writing unit.  It has writing paper, a craftivity, and two emergent readers.  One of the readers is about butterflies, and the other is about the butterfly life cycle.



We use Thinking Maps at our school, so I knew a flow map of the butterfly life cycle would be perfect!  So, you are in luck, because I am going to share my flow map with you.  It is going to be a Facebook Fan Freebie!  So, head over to my Facebook page, "like" my page, and click on the "Fan Only Freebie" tab to download your copy.


I made it so you have a few options.  You can have the kids cut and paste the pictures, labels, and sentences.  The pictures, labels, and descriptions are not necessarily in order, so they will need to figure out the order on their own.  



You can also have the kids cut and paste the pictures and labels, and have them write their own sentence about each of the stages in the life cycle.  


I hope this helps you out!  Think of me on April Fool's Day, and send me some good vibes!


No comments:

Post a Comment